[HOT] HOT Summit Idea - Panel on Academic Research & HOT

Chad Blevins cblevins at usaid.gov
Mon Mar 23 18:41:41 UTC 2015

Hello Robert,

This is an excellent topic, and a conversation I would participate in.  The
GeoCenter continues to work with GWU each semester, and have started to
coordinate with universities overseas.  It would be great to share our
experience, and learn from others.  Overall the process is coming along
nicely.

Cheers,
Chad

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 5:48 PM, Robert Soden <robert.soden at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm thinking about submitting a panel proposal for the HOT Summit on
> academic partnerships with HOT.  Potential topics for discussion could
> include research ethics, opportunities for documenting HOT's efforts, and
> the kinds of questions that the HOT community would see benefit from having
> academic investigation into.
>
> There is tremendous scholarly interest in OpenStreetMap these days and HOT
> is an important reason for that.  I think it could be useful for us as a
> community to articulate what partnership with academic researchers might
> look like and what we might hope to gain from this.
>
> If you have interest in participating in this panel or just have thoughts
> that you would like to see covered, please drop me a line here or
> off-list.  Look forward to seeing everyone at the Summit.
>
> Thanks!
> Robert

*Chad Blevins*
GeoCenter