[HOT] Most "active" HOT projects since March 2014

Martin Dittus martin at dekstop.de
Mon Mar 23 22:32:31 UTC 2015

Thanks for the detailed note Pierre!

We seem to be on the same page — such stats are wonderfully misleading.

I’ve tried grouping HOT projects in the past based on the available metadata and have indeed encountered all the obstacles you mention. Part of my motivation to share this was also to gently nudge project creators to tag more consistently :) Such metadata can be very useful for large-scale evaluations and visualisations.

Pierre Béland <pierzenh at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> The best way to reflect the contributor activity is to go through the history and extract changesets corresponding to a bbox closed to the each Task Manager extent and corresponding to the period of the project.

Yeah I’ve done that in the past on an older OSM history dump, that’s how this world map of HOT contributions was created:
https://twitter.com/dekstop/status/565211831720235009

Although that image actually visualises individual edits, not just changesets.

m.