[HOT] Most "active" HOT projects since March 2014

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 23 20:35:09 UTC 2015

Hi Martin,
It is uneasy to build a statistic that would reflect the various activities. Coordination through the Task manager is only one part of the mapping done for projects.  It might be ok a mapathon where you worked only coordinating through the Task Manager. Aslo, Hashtags are not always added to the changeset comment.

The best way to reflect the contributor activity is to go through the history and extract changesets corresponding to a bbox closed to the each Task Manager extent and corresponding to the period of the project. The number of changesets is also a gross estimate of the contributor efforts. How to compare a contributor that adds 100 buildings, one changeset for each (we see this often with new contributors) with a contributor that has a few thousands objects in one edit.
About the grouping, you have main activities like the Ebola outbreak. At the same time you can have various mapping projects that contribute to this action. For example, a missing map party on Ebola, where should we classify it.

Also, the Task Manager represents only one part of contributions.  As an example, for the Ebola outbreak the experienced mappers move around and correct / enhance various elements of the map without coordinating through the Tasking manager.
Pierre