[HOT] Canaan Haiti Mapping

Frederic Moine frmoine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 08:20:23 UTC 2015

Dear Dale,

I know all the NGO they don’t have the time in Haiti, we have seen the
result in the field.

I thought we were here to reinforce local capacity, see what has been
done previously and coordinate with the existing capacity.

You are asking OSM community to use a UAV image we have done in 2014. A
lot of thing has change in between in the field.

So depend on the workflow, is better to have the latest imagery :

- To generate the latest building layers,

- Provide the latest map for the survey team.

- Go in the field with mapillary (street view) and click on the building
to put the use of the building.

- Avoid any loose of time during the post mapping (after the data
collection in the field).

Unfortunately, since 2013 we have a limited budget ( 2014, 10 000 usd,
2015 I have spent myself 2000 usd)to do more than 250 flights to cover
almost 200 km2.

We can finish Canaan in a week if we receive help,

So far OSM Haiti has done:
- 16 meeting in Onaville and canaan locals authorities / communities to
delimitate the bloc,

- UAV imagery you are using

- Made some mapping and inform about the risk of flooding ( informal area).

Let us know what you want and the OSM team in Haiti will do it for sure.

All the best FredM