[HOT] Ebola Outbreak UNMEER Routing : Data Collection

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 11:46:07 UTC 2015

Pierre,

This section of LearnOSM;

http://learnosm.org/en/mobile-mapping/osmand/

has sections on both OSMand & OSMTracker, but they are probably in need
of a review. I've been a long time user of both, and each has evolved,
but the principles in LearnOSM will probably be enough to get someone
started. The last time I checked on the stats, they were one of the most
visited sections of LearnOSM

There has been a recent discussion thread on the googleGroups OSMand
section, and someone has posted this link (I haven't had the chance to
fully read it yet)

https://joostschouppe.wordpress.com/2014/07/25/using-osmand-on-the-road/

Also, the OSMand site itself http://osmand.net/ which contains some info.

And lastly, and the one I find easiest - on the app. itself, click on
the question mark and a help screen with links appears.

I'd like to check the LearnOSM site on these subjects, but am completely
swamped at the moment, so can only offer to 'try when I can'.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Nick

On 26/03/15 20:01, Pierre BĂ©land wrote:
> We discussed earlier about UNMEER routing project. They presently have
> a project in Kambia to collect field data and they plan to use 50
> phones. They inform us that has the team grow, more and more people
> use OSMAND. They want also to use OSMTracker and are looking for
> learning material about these two tools.
>
> Could you please report about any learning material that we have.
>
> regard
>
> Pierre

Nick

Volunteer 'Tallguy' for