[HOT] [CrisisMappers] Response to Nepal Earthquake

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Fri May 1 07:32:19 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Thanks to Christiaan Adams, Josh Livni, the Google Crisis Response team,
and imagery providers the DigitalGlobe, Airbus D&S and Skybox imagery
prepared, tiled, hosted and shown on Google CrisisMap
(http://www.google.org/crisismap/2015-nepal-earthquake) is allowed to be
traced in OSM, in particular.  "Any imagery you see in our CrisisMap and
KML file (links below) is available for tracing and other disaster
response use, by HOT/OSM and others".

It is thus going to be possible to map from this imagery which is
usually available online very quickly after capture, and with very good
quality processing.

The JOSM TMS URLs for the 22 images visible there so far have been
collected in this wiki sub-page:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nepal_imagery_hosted_by_Google_Crisis_Response

Many, many thanks to Christiaan and all those who made this possible.

Jean-Guilhem