[HOT] [activation hotosm] Nepal validation of edits: looking for a pool of "Über" Validators

Severin Menard severin.menard at gmail.com
Fri May 1 12:49:58 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Mhairi O'Hara <mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org>
wrote:

> Hey Severin,
>
> I like the idea of creating a 'experienced mapper' status who can
> validate/invalidate steps, and also promote other mappers to this status,
> after they have validated much of their work and can vouch for their
> mapping abilities and consistency, while the beginners start out only being
> able to map non-validated tasks.

I would also propose for a future Gsoc (or kindly ask MapBox people to
think about an enhancement) something detecting in Id that objects tagged
as buildings are not squared, because I would say 90% crappy edits come
from this

> Cristiano had a great idea during the sprint of possibly including a chat
> room tab on the TM project, where beginners can ask mapping questions
> specific to the project. It would be great if the 'experienced mappers'
> could guide the beginners here too.

It has been discussed for a long time, it is likely documented in github,
would be good to check with Pierre G about possible developments about this