[HOT] How to locate places without addresses? Open location code

Claire Halleux claire.halleux at hotosm.org
Sat May 2 19:45:21 UTC 2015

Ever heard of this?
A G*solution for locating places accurately where addresses are not obvious:
http://google-opensource.blogspot.be/2015/04/open-location-code-addresses-for.html

Still, it doesn't seem to me more intuitive than coordinate systems.
Ex: I am currently in 87C4VXW3+HG8.
There are ways to shorten it, but I doubt that those would be applicable in
places that would actually need this kind of tool.

However, would you have any experience on this or other ways to share
regarding using non standard geographic coordinates system for locating
places?

Claire

Claire Halleux
+243 99 256 9980 (Kinshasa, DRC)