[HOT] Dhaka tasks updated w new imagery

Daniel Joseph dan.b.joseph at gmail.com
Sat May 2 19:23:49 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone,

I know there's a lot of focus on Nepal right now. If there are any
experienced editors who want to help out on another area, we could use some
help getting parts of Dhaka, Bangladesh traced. The HIU just released some
NextView imagery.

The tracing is difficult due to the quality of the imagery (both NextView
and Bing), and also the dense urban setting. *We need as many of the
buildings and roads mapped as accurately as possible before mid-May* when
there will be a training and field mapping with the Bangladesh Red Crescent
to map for longer term disaster risk reduction projects. The field
verification and data collection will be conducted using Field Papers
<http://fieldpapers.org/> and OpenMapKit
<https://github.com/AmericanRedCross/OpenMapKit>.

There are two areas of focus for the activities:
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/844
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/845

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks and all the best,
Dan Joseph (danbjoseph)

GIS Officer, International Services
American Red Cross