[HOT] Question on Nepal helicopter landing sites mapping

Michael Krämer ohrosm at gmail.com
Sun May 3 15:53:52 UTC 2015

Hi Milo and Sérgio,

thank you both very much for your feedback. I think you gave perfect
examples of the two different approaches that I
came across:

Am 03.05.2015 um 17:10 schrieb Milo van der Linden:
> I have been mapping "aeroway=helipad" in the following way:
>
> 1. In JOSM, I draw a line 30m in diameter.
 > 2. Then I use "Create Circle" and add "aeroway=helipad"
 > 3. If it doesn't fit in the area  where I drew the line, I use
 > "Copy" and delete the circle.
> 4. I then move accross the map seeking potential spots. Once I see
> one, I press "Paste" to see if the 30m diameter circle fits. If it
 > does, I leave it there or move it slightly to fit.

So one approach is to have "leisure=common" areas adjusted to the local
situation. The other approach is to have circles tagged with
"aeroway=helipad".

Since the two approaches are pretty different I really would like to
know which one is the preferred one. Once this is sorted out we probably
shoud align the mapping & tagging for easier extraction and processing.

Thanks,
Michael