[HOT] Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun May 3 23:17:18 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 3:55 PM, kusala nine <kusala9 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I noticed one of these too in the region of Gorkha. Maybe someone has bulk
> uploaded hospital locations and some are incorrect or imprecise. I deleted
> one when doing #1024 as it was in the middle of nowhere... Maybe worth
> extracting and validating them as a one-off job. I seem to remember seeing
> an email thread about unverified hospital locations but can't find it
> now.... anyone else know?

There was a shapefile with health facilities of Nepal. Many of the nodes
were in the middle of no where. So were nearby health facilities already in
OSM but many were not. I recommended not importing the data. I also believe
that there was questionable license associated with the file. I'm unable to
find the data and may have deleted it already.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us