[HOT] data alignment to satellite imagery

Kretzer kretzer at gmx.net
Sun May 3 23:26:56 UTC 2015

Hi Joshua,
if you do the "fix alignment", you actually move the image, not the data. As far as I know usually Bing is used as the reference imagery, so I would not adjust that. If the other shapes are not aligned, the other people have probably used different imagery and not adjusted that.

Probably there are only some shapes in the wrong place, not all? Then you can adjust those manually or ignore them and ad your features with the default alignment.

Experts jump in please, if I am wrong here.