[HOT] Imagery alignment

Pat Tressel ptressel at myuw.net
Mon May 4 08:01:10 UTC 2015

I finally found a place where both the Digital Globe imagery for the Borang
are that is hosted on HIU:
tms:
http://hiu-maps.net/hot/1.0.0/borang-10feb2015-flipped/{zoom}/{x}/{y}.png
and Bing imagery are both available, and there is a significant difference
in alignment, which you can see if you open this location:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/28.17980/84.99950

There are several mappers using this.  Don't know about them, but I would
prefer not to revert the work done from the Digital Globe imagery, because
it's most of the buildings in the Borang area, but rather shift the entire
changesets that were made using it.  I recognize that there may be local
differences in alignment, but this applies to areas with no Bing imagery at
all.  If we can get an average shift based on the areas where there is
overlap, that should get us a lot closer.

What is the usual procedure in such a case?  If it is "revert it and start
over", can we come up with something less drastic?

-- Pat