[HOT] Tracing tagged buildings

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Mon May 4 15:54:28 UTC 2015

+ 1 with Robert statement.
We have a lot of new contributions for such OSM responses in the emergency. This is how many of us have started to contribute to OSM. We need to be careful how we contact people to talk about improving mapping quality.
We should offer a standard message for this. And yes, it is important to be polite. This is a stressing situation, we all want to help. Let's make it interesting for all. You can either invite to exchange on the IRC or offer some help through skype sharing your screen.
After 9 days of response, we can say that we had difficulties, access problem to post-disaster imagery with this rainy season. But we are there to support people isolated in various areas and that need help rapidly.
Let's focus on helping them, and this with a positive spirit.
On the long term, we should surely continue to develop tools for easier monitoring of new contributions. For this activation, various initiatives are taken. These should help to define content and develop such tools.

Thanks to all, to those that take initiatives, participate to the various support groups like the Evaluation group. This group is looking at validating rapidly and contact new contributors. If there are some experimented contributors that want to participate, contact activation @ hotosm.org

cheeers
Pierre