[HOT] Tracing tagged buildings

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 16:45:51 UTC 2015

Two points the first is HOT does have a different more standardized
approach than OSM.  Perhaps these are our conventions please follow them?
I've seen some very experienced mappers not follow the HOT conventions.

Second I understand the desire to use tools to see how big each building is
but a problem I see when validating is some building shapes do not
correspond to the actual building size nor are they rectangular so wonder
how useful they are.

I do accept that 90% are probably OK.

Cheerio John