[HOT] Nepal data validation: overpass script to identify the recent mappers?

Mhairi O'Hara mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org
Mon May 4 20:36:39 UTC 2015

This is great. We are really looking at somehow incorporating a tiered user
system (beginner/intermediate/advanced) into the Tasking Manager, so that
we can hopefully do the following:

Mapper status: Provide various levels of mapper status
(beginner/intermediate/advanced), so that only advanced can validate tiles
and perhaps a buddy system can be introduced to guide beginners.

Chat room: Provide a channel where users (beginners) can speak to other
users (experienced) live to get help on how to do mapping. Something
similar to MapCraft (http://mapcraft.nanodesu.ru/)

*Beginner guidance:* Once new mappers are identified, perhaps experienced
users can give them view access to watch them map live. This would be the
quickest way to teach and learn during an activation, as it would be
specific to the project they are working on and enable them to become
familiar with identifying features in the satellite imagery.

Again, duly noted! Please keep me in the loop if you make any head way on
the python wrapper Kusala.

Kind regards,

Mhairi

Mhairi O'Hara