[HOT] Nepal data validation: overpass script to identify the recent mappers?

kusala nine kusala9 at googlemail.com
Tue May 5 06:05:23 UTC 2015

I put the latest extract back into a database last night and extracted just
the buildings and the number of sides in them - the list below shows total
number of buildings and the number of sides in the polygon.. Of the 190k
buildings in the current Nepal extract the vast majority have four sides -
There are 58 triangular buildings though! and quite a lot with more sides.
I am analysing the 4-sided buildings now and measuring the difference in
metres between the diagonals - this is probably the best method of
determing the skew. If you want a shapefile of the triangular buildings let
me know and I can dropbox it. I'll try and get this working in
python/overpass wrapper so it can be run as a validation process... jon.

total   | #sides
 160852 |  4
  10940 |  6
   6259 |  5