[HOT] data alignment to satellite imagery

Pat Tressel ptressel at myuw.net
Tue May 5 06:21:37 UTC 2015

Don't want to let this thread fade away...

I would like to adjust the changesets I did in the Borang area using the
HIU DG imagery, now that I've seen areas along the margins where both Bing
and HIU DG imagery exist, and so can get a reasonable net shift (up to
local variations).  I haven't found the right search terms to turn up
relevant info in the wiki.  Happy to be a guinea pig for this, and then if
it works, we can contact the other mappers using the same imagery in the
same area, or adjust their work ourselves.  Also happy to re-check the work
following the shift.  But, as I say, I haven't found relevant info, so
would appreciate some guidance.  Thanks!