[HOT] reprojecting EMI datasets (was Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?)

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Wed May 6 08:01:57 UTC 2015

Hello,

Would you, or anyone, help Rafael reprojecting EMI datasets, starting
with Kathmandu Valley folder?

Apparently EMI uses Nepal_Nagarkot_TM projection (which might be the one
refered there, found through a web search, whose parameters can probably
be given to proj: https://geonet.esri.com/thread/48571)

http://emi-megacities.org/featured/nepal-earthquake/

Best wishes,

Jean-Guilhem

Le 04/05/2015 09:38, Bernadette Williams a écrit :
> I just joined this weekend but I have a little bit of experience mapping data in this region of the
world. GIS data I've received in Bangladesh needed to be
projected/transformed from BTM (Bangladesh Transverse Mercator) to WGS
84. BTM is based on the Everest 1830 geographic coordinate system.
Perhaps this is the same coordinate system being used locally in Nepal.

<mailto:kretzer at gmx.net>> wrote:

>     Maybe at some point a wrong coordinate system was used for
conversion? Like from the .shp to .kll.