[HOT] MSF Scientific Day : Mapping section

Pete Masters pedrito1414 at googlemail.com
Wed May 6 08:58:26 UTC 2015

Hi all, I mentioned this to a few people at the HOT Summit, but just wanted
to widen the invitation...

Tomorrow is the first day of the MSF Scientific Day and I wanted to give
HOT a heads up as the first three presentations are about mapping. They are
as follows:

A geographical information system (GIS) for MSF operational needs
Sylvie de la Borderie, CARTONG

The Missing Maps project: from community engagement to humanitarian
response
Pete Masters, MSF

Mobilisation of local people and technology in mapping for the Sierra Leone
Ebola epidemic response
Laura Nic Lochlainn, European Programme for Intervention Epidemiology
Training (EPIET)

It's all streamed live online and the keynote speech is by Kenneth Cukier,
Data Editor at the Economist (and the rest of the day looks super
interesting, too!)

Details here: http://www.msf.org.uk/msf-scientific-day-2015-agenda-7-may
Livestream will be on this page: http://www.msf.org.uk/msf-scientific-day

Cheers all!