[HOT] Worried about task 1018

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sat May 9 16:08:29 UTC 2015

Pierre says it best but my thoughts follow.

To me the unsquared buildings are not a major issue in Nepal.  Within a
tile a JOSM user can select buildings, then select an unsquared one
remember the user select buildings once more then square all the buildings
for that user in one keystroke.

As a beginner I suggest you don't correct odd areas, let someone else do
the dirty deed, it saves having upset users and sometimes its just a matter
of someone forgetting to tag it and often an experienced mapper can glance
at it and give it a tag.

Paths and tracks unless its very clear I stay away from these in Nepal and
I'm fairly experienced.  There are a number of terraces, the land can be
quite steep so even though two ends of a path may look close together
reality is its a long drop between the two.

For the moment I'd just add buildings, if you can manage to use JOSM and
the building_tool plugin, you'll need the remote control plugin as well
you'll find it's very easy to use and produces squared buildings correctly
tagged and we have a lot of buildings to add.

Cheerio John