[HOT] Request for Import: VDC Boundaries

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Sat May 9 19:53:06 UTC 2015

Hi all:

Sorry for not answering before, but didn't have internet for the last
18 hours or so.

@Prabhas: We have been discussing some of these details/progress of
the import preparation in the Skype group specially opened to talk
about these matters.

I've set already an script to convert the data, and another one to
include the pcodes for each VDC boundary is on its way (nearly there I
would say).

This import would be done district by district (75 in total), and easy
for experienced users in importing/conflating boundaries (apart of me,
I was thinking on Pierre Béland who has also experience on dealing
with boundaries at least in Liberia). Working with boundaries
relations is probably one of the trickiest in OSM, so previous
experience is a must. I would say we could finish the job in 2-3 days.

The main concern since the beginning is the license. As I said in
other emails, I've contacted the World Bank, and they transferred the
license question to the department in charge of that data. I am
waiting for the answer since 2 days ago, but no news. If anyone has
more close contact with the right people there, please we need your help.

@Paul Norman: I've been making clear what guidelines we have to follow
for the import of this or another set. Specially that we have to
consult with the Nepal OSM community (already done, I guess), to write
a wiki, prepare the data, clear the license issues, tagging, and then
go to the imports list for last consultation. I have been doing this
for quite many imports now, and these new ones won't be an exception.
All of us want to have the best quality data in OSM.

Cheers,

Rafael.

and an older one from GADM <http://www.gadm.org/>, which has the