[HOT] Suggestion to support Newbie development via Validated work

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Sun May 10 13:31:31 UTC 2015

This is a quite challenging mission, different terrain with these Nepal high mountains and after two weeks, less mediatic attention.
We need to re-accelerate this response and find ways to support newbies. They are as important as experienced conributors and we should help them progress.

I suggest to the new contributors that want help to go on the Live #hot irc channel.
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.oftc.net/hot

>From this link, simply provide a nickname to identify yourself. You can type in to present yourself as a new contributor looking for a mentor. If you listen at the discussion on the #hot irc, you will se that this is quite informal and a pleasant place to meet with other contributors.

The core HOT / OSM contributors, could you please assure a rotation on the #hot irc to assure the support to the new contributors?

Thanks all for the response for this emergency.

Pierre