[HOT] Running JOSM/JAVA from a USB stick

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 01:31:40 UTC 2015

I can do it in Windows but currently the remote control doesn't seem to
work from a browser though I suspect playing with it might produce results.

The instructions are on the JOSM web site so someone from their technical
side might have an answer.

If we can get the remote control to work it gives us an option of running
JOSM without installing JAVA on someone's machine which was a point raised
by one of the trainers and the more options you have the better.

The type of USB stick 2.0 or 3.0 plus the type supported on the machine
again 2 or 3 will have an impact on performance.  On a slow laptop with
only 2.0 USB support you may not want to do it for performance reasons but
if both are 3.0 then it should be fine.

The idea is to make the JOSM building_tool available in a maperthon.

Cheerio John