[HOT] New - Nepal Earthquake 7.1

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Tue May 12 12:39:14 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 5:14 AM, Prabhas Pokharel <
prabhas.pokharel at gmail.com> wrote:

> The one suggestion I thought I would fire off, which I'm guessing is also
> obvious to the HOT community, would be focus some energy on this task:
> http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1046 which covers the area nearest to
> today's epicenter. Even though the imagery is a bit old, doing damage
> assessments from the last earthquake and IDP camp markings will help the
> work of relief efforts in those areas.

Prabhas, I would like to again express my condolences for your country.
I took a look at one tile. Going to need guidance. The bing and this layer
are off. It is hard to determine what is going on on these photos. Some
validated examples would be helpful. Basically it would be good to have
things we can point to and say : this is what that looks like on fuzzy sat
photos.

mike

--
James Michael DuPont