[HOT] Idle thought time drones

Springfield Harrison stellargps at gmail.com
Wed May 13 23:22:01 UTC 2015

Good thoughts John,

This is well underway with much hardware and software having been
developed.  As with everything, it has challenges.  Googling should turn up
tons of info on presion agriculture and crop health.

The cameras, drones and image processing require fairly high technical
knowledge, not likely a crowd activity.

Drones have many other uses and may be useful for reckon/mapping in the
Nepal disaster.  They might be useful to augment helicopter reconnaissance
and as a local eye in the sky for ground teams.   I have a back pack drone
with an HD camera which can do local inspections for about 20 min. per
battery.  Very good for inaccessible areas.

Drones will be our friends unless misuse brings an early demise.

Cheers . . . . .   Spring Harrison
Samsung Tab 4