[HOT] Save the Date(s): HOT Community Meetings & Note from HOT Interim Executive Director

Tyler Radford tyler.radford at hotosm.org
Thu May 14 00:28:25 UTC 2015

*Meeting 1:* Tuesday 19 May 15:30 UTC
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=HOT+Community+Meeting&iso=20150519T1130&p1=179&ah=1>
via
IRC (chat) https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.oftc.net/hot
*Meeting 2:* Wednesday, 20 May 13:00 UTC
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=HOT+Community+Meeting&iso=20150520T09&p1=179&ah=1>
[Look
for meeting details early next week]

Dear HOT Community,

Over the past two and a half weeks, you have made an incredible difference
in Nepal. By many measures, the HOT community response has arguably been
larger than any in the past -- averaging close to 1 million map edits and
1000 contributors *per day* in the first 10 days. I personally feel very
proud, and also humble, to be surrounded by such an intelligent and
committed team supported by dedicated partners.

I'd like to invite you to participate in a series of community meetings
next week. The meetings will serve as dedicated time to answer questions
you may have for me or for HOT in general. The past two and half weeks have
not been without challenges, and by coming together, we can discuss ways to
overcome these challenges and improve the services we provide.

As we proceed with our work in the weeks ahead, we should continue to be
guided by our core humanitarian mission: to serve as a bridge between the
OpenStreetMap community and humanitarian responders on the ground. Our role
is one of service, and through this service we have the very real ability
to contribute to saving and improving the lives of disaster survivors. My
role is also service to you - to help enable you to more effectively carry
out this mission. Kindly join us next week for either meeting, and I look
forward to talking with you then.

With warm regards,

*Tyler Radford*
Interim Executive Director