[HOT] OSM Nepal Reponse - Links to various infos

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Fri May 15 20:13:38 UTC 2015

Hi Stefan,

HOT (and OSM) tagging has grown and evolved since we first started 5 or
6 years ago that is for sure. And given the somewhat intermittent
participatory nature of OSM and the wiki things can for sure get out of
sync.

We would welcome any assistance with updating, streamlining and
regularizing HOT's tagging and tagging guidance and underlying data
model if need be. It is a big project for the folks in and out of HOT
who developed and maintain it.

It was through gentle ;) feedback from the OSM community that we have
started use some more planned tagging schemes you mentioned so there is
yet time for some of that to catch up.

I am excited for us to roll up our sleeves and give the tagging,
guidance, data model and rendering a timely review and updating. At the
moment many in HOT are concentrating on working with our fellow
travelers in Nepal (and DRC and Vanuatu and Guam and South Sudan and
Nigeria and several other places unfortunately), but when that begins to
thankfully be less of an urgent matter several of us look forward to
joining you fully in the process.

And like I said, any reorganization or updating and streaming in the
wiki you could help us with in the mean time will be very welcome and
appreciated. If you have any questions please just ask them here on the
mailing list but under a different email thread so it is less confusing
talking about something that has nothing to do with this thread.

Cheers,
Blake