[HOT] Ramani Huria

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Sun May 17 01:47:24 UTC 2015

I created a wiki page for Dar es Salaam earlier today

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Dar_es_Salaam

ramanihuria.org looks great. I've linked that from there, and I've briefly tried to describe some earlier World Bank mapping initiatives too.

Are there other ways we could help with mapping Dar es Salaam, or with using the maps during the floods there? The global HOT community could be asked to map part of the city with a Task Manager project, but if you have good local engagement, maybe that's not so useful. One thing which would be great to do again, is the fieldpapers approach used in Lubumbashi, and more recently in Bangladesh. Local mapping of street names etc takes place with pen & paper, partnering with people elsewhere doing the scanning and digitising work.

Whatever else we can do to help, let us know. Any map outputs you need help with?

Harry Wood