[HOT] Ramani Huria

Steven Bukulu steven.bukulu at hotosm.org
Sun May 17 10:30:46 UTC 2015

Hello Harry,

Thank you for the initiative and pushing this further plus the Wiki page, A
suggestion on the header of the Wiki Openstreetmap page, would it be nice
if you have flooding stated in it to be more specific with Dar es Salaam?
(What's your say on that?)

The project is aiming at mapping the top most flood prone wards adding up
to 17 wards in Dar es Salaam in the three districts, Temeke, Ilala and
Kinondoni. Below is a list of the 17 wards:

1. Ndugumbi  <http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/-6.80196/39.24896>
2. *Tandale*
3. Buguruni
4. Kigogo
5. Sandali
6. Manzese
7. Hananasifu
8. Magomeni
9. Tabata
10. Keko
11. Vinguguti
12. Mbagala
13. Mchikichini
14. Mzimuni
15. Kigogo
16. Mburahati
17. Mwananyamala

The team got done with Ndugumbi
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/-6.80196/39.24896> Ward with mapping
it, currently the team is in Tandale
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/-6.79565/39.24292> which is being
updated on Openstretmap at the moment and will be done with in this week
followed by Buguruni
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/279284657#map=15/-6.8332/39.2395>.

*Whatever else we can do to help, let us know. Any map outputs you need
help with?*

HOT could help us set tasks to map the other wards that are not listed
above. Our data model focuses on drainage, roads (Transport routes) and
buildings. We are using drone images (On field papers) which are clear for
us to use during data collection.

Thank you for the initiative once again.
Best,

Steven Bukulu