[HOT] Request for information about common set of tags for HOT (Was: OSM Nepal Reponse - Links to various infos)

cascafico cascafico at gmail.com
Wed May 20 10:19:33 UTC 2015

Carl von Einem wrote
> In pre desaster Bing imagery of Nepal I have seen several of those
> "shape of roof, but no shadow" but usually interpret them in a different
> way: let's assume the house has been built against a hillside, then the
> midday sun would be shining at the front of the house and the back of
> the house is "leaning" against the hill. No shadow if the roof is rather
> flat.

Agree, but if in the close surroundings I see some elements (trees) with
projected shadow, I assume I have a collapsed building. I don't know how
tall trees are, just approximate 5-10meters for a 5-10meters canopy, which
IMO can be compared to 3-5meter height of a rural building.
Anyway I make just assumpions. Of course, if you are exeprienced in
photogrammetry I'll take care of your suggestions.

-----

--
cascafico.altervista.org
twitter.com/cascafico