[HOT] Database, OSM & HOT (Was: Request for information about common set of tags for HOT)

Springfield Harrison stellargps at gmail.com
Fri May 22 06:02:25 UTC 2015

Hello althio,

Thanks for your remarks, sorry for the slow reply.

Thanks for pointing out the difference between
OSM and H OSM team.  Wasn't really aware of that.

I see that the open, flexible nature of the tag
approach has its merits I suppose.  The enduring
mystery for me is how is this information used in
a query?  But maybe I am barking up the wrong
tree here, perhaps this concept is only used for
labeling features, and querying to select the data subset is not a common task.

I only suggest changes in the anticipation that
they would spawn improvement.  If that is not
achievable then change for its own sake is not useful.

                 Thanks for your patience, Cheers . . . . . . . . Spring