[HOT] Fwd: Re: Problems saving in ID

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Fri May 22 18:37:17 UTC 2015

Robert et al,

         Surely there are other ways to
communicte with developers other than Github. Is
that the only thing they respond to? I don't think so.
         Github has an odd-looking interface (to
most people), and it's not really clear how to
use it, unless you are familiar with it, which,
it seems, you are. Also it has its own little
language (what does "fork" mean and what does it
have to do with reporting a problem?).
         However, most people do know how to fill
out an online form when there is a problem. Does
Microsoft send me to Github when I have a problem
with Windows? Does my high-speed cable provider
send me to Github when I can't download? No,
because no one would understand it. Guys,
sometimes the simpler solution is the best.
         I think most developers can read a
simple problem report and respond. How they
choose to work together to solve the issue is
their business. Probably they would use Github,
because they are familiar with Github. But don't send me there!

Charlotte

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California