[HOT] step by step recipe for iD bug reporting

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sat May 23 21:51:13 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 1:40 PM, Charlotte Wolter <techlady at techlady.com>
wrote:

>   That sounds like we're getting closer to a solution, and
> putting it under "Instructions" makes sense. It would be even
> better if there were a button, labeled "Report a Problem" somewhere
> in the Tasking Manager. (something for the future)
>         I would just write a draft "Problem Report" myself, but
> I don't know what those who would fix a problem would need to
> know, except the obvious stuff:
>
>         User Name:
>         Date:
>         Time (with your time zone):
>         Task Number:
>              (Actually there are two, the big task and the little square
> they were working on. Too bad we can't capture this automatically)
>         Operating system (?):
>         Computer brand (?):

Charlotte,
Are we talking about two types of problems. One is an iD bug another is a
problem with either the Tasking Manager or a task? For the TM related, we
could ask for an enhancement to TM to allow people to submit TM bugs. For
iD related issues, capturing the iD version and operating system should be
do able. It is already captured on the changeset.

For JOSM bugs, creating a new issue is more complex. If I remember
correctly, the user has to capture some system/java info to attach to the
report.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle