[HOT] Fwd: Re: Fwd: step by step recipe for iD bug reporting (was: Problems saving in ID)

Suzan Reed suzan at suzanreed.com
Sun May 24 05:23:32 UTC 2015

Oh, not met by myself! I would work with a small team to iron this out, but we would get a better product with a small team participating. Who wants to help?

___

Here's a rough idea of how this could work. (I may be leaving out some of the programming needed. Please comment.)

Workflow:

1. One link in the Task Manager "Report a Problem". Maybe in the red header? This would hardwire it into Task Manager.

2. Click goes to a new page.
(The form automatically picks up the OS, the browser, the date and time, and so on. Whatever the team needs.)

(There would need to be buy in from the teams who fix problems as they would have to put these into Github. Could programming populate Github but that circumvents the search to see if the problem has been previously reported. In other situations, this is called an Open Ticket and these go into the reporting workflow whether they come from phone calls, emails, forms.)

Copy: "Thank you for reporting an issue. Please fill in the form below. It will automatically be sent to the responsible team."

Radio buttons where only one selection is possible: iD, JOSM, Other. Could be added to.
(These buttons automatically direct where the email is routed.}

Form:
First name: (It's nice to know who you are talking to, address them my name.)
Last name: (Because there may be more than one "Chris" or "Cliff".
Username: (This is the username you use to log into OSM.)
Email address: (Privacy statement can be noted at the bottom of the page.)
"Please describe exactly what happened in detail:" (Or other prompt.)
Box for the description
Place to upload screenshots with copy describing how to do this. Use Browse and Drag and Drop?
Send

Links to common issues and how to fix them.
Links to Learning the OSM Track Manager.
Other links.