[HOT] Beginners please...

Jorieke Vyncke jorieke.vyncke at gmail.com
Tue May 26 22:19:02 UTC 2015

Hello everybody,

Here an update on the Cameroon mapping we are doing for the WHO and
CDC in context of the Polio epidemic.

And ... also an explicit invitation for new mappers to work on this tasks!

The tasks are fairly easy and simple; only basic features must be
added like buildings, streets and water bodies. John also ensured us
to keep an eye on the validation, and might give new mappers some
usefull hints in their mapping. Further the imagery provided by
Digital Globe is also amazingly good. (Thanks again for this imagery!)

About what tasks to map:

We have two tasks wich are really almost done
Tibati: http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/689
Yokadouma: http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/686

And three tasks wich need a little bit more work:
Foumban: http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/687
Tonga: http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/690
Foumbot: http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/688

So please qo ahead!
We think the tasks can be finished quite fast, so let's see what happens :-)

And then to be complete, here you can see the tasks which are already
done, and are archived now;
East Cameroon: http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/777
Bétaré-Oya: http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/685
Meiganga: http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/684
Ngoura: http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/683

Thanks a lot everybody for the mapping he/she did, is doing and is going to do.
Let's keep on going the good work!

Jorieke