[HOT] Level of user experience to focus on

James Conkling james.lane.conkling at gmail.com
Fri May 29 02:59:20 UTC 2015

Brian/Rekth, one thing I've heard mentioned by new users of iD is managing
the transition from iD back to the TM. In particular, guidance on how to
close a task, when to leave it open if incomplete, unlocking tasks, leaving
comments. When looking over new editors shoulders, this transition from iD
was something that caught them up a bunch.

Don't know how much of this would be actionable - don't imagine iD can have
TM specific buttons, and can't see how the TM could recognize when a user
returns after editing in iD. The proposed expansion of the TM API might
help resolve some of these issues in the future, though.

Just some thoughts that have been on my mind recently.

On May 28, 2015 10:44 PM, "john whelan" <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com> wrote:

> One current issue is ambiguity, the word done can mean either this tile
is completed or to some it may mean I'm done for the day /session.

> Cheerio John
>
> On 28 May 2015 at 08:57, Rekth K <rekth at insiberia.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thank you for all your welcoming messages!
>>
>> I'd like to ask a question on what type(s) of user(s) to take into
consideration when testing for usability and suggesting improvements. In
other words, for what level of experience am I supposed to optimise the
Tasking Manager? Should it be for first time visitors, those who land on
the hotosm page and do not know what HOT is? Or should the usability
testing lean towards fully experienced users and their needs?