[HOT] Northern Zambia data import to OSM

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 19:24:43 UTC 2015

A suggestion only would be to set up a set of tiles for this area as a HOT
task, mark all the tiles as done but leave them open for people to validate
with JOSM.  It would probably clean up a lot of existing OSM mapping in the
area and give you a higher quality map at the finish.

The suggestion would be more to verify existing mapping and catch the
glaring errors not to map bits that haven't been mapped already.  If its
done this way it will probably be a first for HOT but the validation is
much faster than new mapping.

It could also be done by loading up the entire area into JOSM hopefully its
not too big by one person and validating it that way which is an existing
technique so not so contentious.

Cheerio John

Cheerio John