[HOT] HOT Community Chat - follow up

Rod Bera rod at goarem.org
Wed Oct 14 11:41:14 UTC 2015

Thank you Tyler!

Is there something missing between slide 4 and 5? We are jumping for a
promise of where we are to where we want to be. Is it that there isn't
much to say about where we are? (I doubt this).

Also, relative to training:
access-restricted contents or even what only looks like
access-restrected contents might be counter-productive.

I know in Moodle when you want to assess learners or just follow their
work you have to identify them (login/pwrd) but my experience is that
full access without login or enrolment key leave people a chance to view
the contents and decide whether or not they wish to carry on learning
this way or move to some kind of tutorship (in the broad sense. You can
put automatic quiz correction into this category).

If our goal is to have as many people conversant with HOT stuff this
should not be overlooked.

Cheers,

Rod