[HOT] HOT Community Chat - follow up

Russell Deffner russell.deffner at hotosm.org
Wed Oct 14 22:28:33 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I was thinking to reply and suggest that writing the key ‘talking points’ in the notes of some slides would be great for those who couldn’t attend. In regards to the HOT Training Center (courses.hotosm.org), we definitely want and plan to do more regarding accessibility; as well as looking into localization and offline/low-bandwidth or classroom/workshop style training access/application. I do note your concern Rod, and think we will provide content on that platform which is more ‘freely’ available; and potentially give ‘view only’ access to guests for the current courses. Mainly for this first iteration of the training center since the focus was on building courses for a very internal and fairly advanced level of training for our Activation coordinators it made since to require enrollment; as well as while we were/are testing the site so we can give notice if there is a major change to course requirements or something. It is currently myself and Blake doing the course development but it is the intention to get more people involved and that work is being done basically as an ongoing objective of the Activation Working Group <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Activation> ; for anyone interested in helping with the training center (moodle knowledge much desired – we’re winging-it/learning-as-we-go), scroll down to Tyler’s sign-up sheet or come to the next AWG meeting (Tuesdays at 1400UTC on IRC).

=Russ

Russell Deffner

 <mailto:Russell.Deffner at hotosm.org> Russell.Deffner at hotosm.org

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)