[HOT] Missing Maps TM projects in DRC

Pete Masters pedrito1414 at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 17 14:21:40 UTC 2015

Hi Maning, huge thanks to you and the Bengaluru gang for getting involved
at your mapathon!

I think you're probably talking about some of the South Kivu tasks. I will
publish some more in the next 24 hours. I have been helping someone learn
how to set up projects and I just want to check them over. Watch this space.

Let me know if you have any questions. Also, it might be worth checking
this photo gallery out. It's a good overview of the sort of issues faced in
Congo: https://msf.exposure.co/congo-in-100-images

Pete

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 7:05 AM, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We will be hosting a Missing Maps event next week in Mapbox BLR office
> in celebration of Open Access Week [0].  We decided to work on DRC.
> Most of the published projects over DRC are fairly complete [1].
> However, I'm seeing unpublished/draft for MissingMaps.  Can we work on
> the news ones? We expect mostly n00bs (but we will teach them JOSM) so
> I guess "easy" projects like roads and landuse=residential is the best
> task.
>

> [0] https://www.mapbox.com/blog/open-access-week/
> [1] http://tasks.hotosm.org/?sort_by=priority&direction=asc&search=DRC
> --