[HOT] Source of Imagery

mikel.maron at hotosm.org mikel.maron at hotosm.org
Wed Oct 21 03:00:01 UTC 2015

We are lucky for Digital Globe ... the majority of the imagery used by OpenStreetMap ultimately comes from purchases of DG imagery, whether via the Bing imagery layer, through Mapbox imagery, through humanitarian imagery requests to State Department HIU via Imagery to the Crowd. The extraordinary occasions when DG has released imagery completely, like after the Nepal earthquake, have been very welcome contributions to our cause. -Mikel
* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron