[HOT] Cat-5 Hurricane Patricia heading to Mexican Pacific Coast

Ian Schuler ian at developmentseed.org
Fri Oct 23 14:56:43 UTC 2015

I agree that this is an absolutely nonsensical process.

For government created and licensed data who even has the authority to sign
a document like this? The President? Congress?

This seems to provide such a thin veneer of (probably unnecessary) legal
protection that it isn't worth the headache. There has to be a better way
to go about this. If a paper trail is needed (and I'm not convinced it is)
it might be easier to obtain a simple letter that states that it is the
government agencies understanding that their license is consistent with use
by OSM.