[HOT] How to incorporate WASH data into OSM

Jose Cisneros Gallegos jm.cisneros.g at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 11:33:18 UTC 2015

Hi everyone!

The MSF team in Chad is carrying splendid work and so far has sent
previously non-existing data about water points in the region of Bokoro. At
the GIS unit in MSF London we are trying to incorporate this newly acquired
data into OSM, however we are not exactly sure how to proceed. Some of the
variables include:

 - PUMP_EXISTS
 - PUMP_TYPE
 - OTHER_PUMP_TYPE
 - HAND_PUMP_WORKING
 - NOT_WORKING:NOT_WORKING_TIME_UNIT
 - NOT_WORKING:HOW_LONG_NOT_WORKING
 - NOT_WORKING:NOT_WORKING_LABEL
 - WHY_NOT_WORKING
 - FLOW_RATE
 - BOREHOLE_PROTECTED
 - REPAIR_NEEDED
 - TYPE_OF_REPAIR_NEEDED

Should all of the variables be included as tags? Is there a protocol on how
to incorporate WASH and water infrastructure data?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Jose
GIS volunteer @ MSK UK / BRC