[HOT] How to incorporate WASH data into OSM

Dale Kunce dale.kunce at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 11:42:31 UTC 2015

Jose,
I think it would be really smart if MSF, Red Cross and other NGOs could
come up with a standard tagging scheme for wash activities. There isn't
anything thus far and I can see a huge benefit to support both our Missing
Maps field work but also field work in other areas such as refugee camps.

Dale

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Jose Cisneros Gallegos <
jm.cisneros.g at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> The MSF team in Chad is carrying splendid work and so far has sent
> previously non-existing data about water points in the region of Bokoro. At
> the GIS unit in MSF London we are trying to incorporate this newly acquired
> data into OSM, however we are not exactly sure how to proceed. Some of the
> variables include:
>
>  - PUMP_EXISTS
>  - PUMP_TYPE
>  - OTHER_PUMP_TYPE
>  - HAND_PUMP_WORKING
>  - NOT_WORKING:NOT_WORKING_TIME_UNIT
>  - NOT_WORKING:HOW_LONG_NOT_WORKING
>  - NOT_WORKING:NOT_WORKING_LABEL
>  - WHY_NOT_WORKING
>  - FLOW_RATE
>  - BOREHOLE_PROTECTED
>  - REPAIR_NEEDED
>  - TYPE_OF_REPAIR_NEEDED
>
> Should all of the variables be included as tags? Is there a protocol on
> how to incorporate WASH and water infrastructure data?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Cheers,
>

> Jose
> GIS volunteer @ MSK UK / BRC