[HOT] Quick question on village mapping

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 00:59:09 UTC 2015

I like to explain it in terms of land usage, people reside here on the
land in some way, therefore landuse=residential that is how it works
best in my experience. Fits fully within local mapping partners and
people and is well understood HOT/OSM usage. It also works well for
revisions in the future. It is the most general
people-reside-on-the-land tagging and can be refined with more detail
and specificity in the future without being incorrect now or losing
any of the history of the original object.

Cheers,
Blake