[HOT] street view for Liberia

Blake Girardot blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Tue Sep 1 17:13:19 UTC 2015

Hi Hassan,

Welcome to the HOT community!

We have some people who are very experienced in organizing mapping
projects in Liberia.

Working with NGOs both inside the country and outside the country is
our core function.

We are very dedicated to working with people on the ground in the
areas we map as local knowledge and experience is needed to making the
best maps possible and we learn so much that supports our remote
mapping efforts as well.

As to the local street view, maybe someone else has a good source, but
we often use the free service, Mapillary for "street view like"
functionality:
https://www.mapillary.com/

Which does not look like it has anything uploaded from Liberia yet.

As to the aerial imagery, we also have a project called
"OpenAerialMap" and the "OpenImageryNetwork" which are designed to
accept aerial imagery from just about any source and make that imagery
available for public use.

http://openaerialmap.org/

I really look forward to working with you and Humanity First.

Cheers,
Blake