[HOT] Alpha Release of the Redeveloped Export Tool

pierzenh at yahoo.fr pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 16 11:59:19 UTC 2015

I dont consider an option to get rid of translations. This is an important functionality and it would be a regression to remove it.

Pierre

      De : Mhairi O'Hara <mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org>
 À : Blake Girardot <bgirardot at gmail.com>
Cc : Amadou NDONG <amadoundong at hotosm.org>; HOT <hot at openstreetmap.org>; Brian O'Hare <brian.ohare at hotosm.org>
 Envoyé le : Mercredi 16 septembre 2015 7h07
 Objet : Re: [HOT] Alpha Release of the Redeveloped Export Tool

Hey everyone,
I agree with all of you, that a.) it would be sad to see some of the original functionality go, b.) it is a cornerstone function that clutters the tool and isn't used by most users, c.) that we could try to support administrator added translation files and sql transform files.
However it is fairly late in the development of the new version, and we want to ensure what we are going live with is fully functional and solid. Brian already has a lot on his plate, with very little time to spare.
What we could potentially do is set up the system so that this can easily be in corporated in the future. It would be great if we could discuss this, along with some other functionality questions at the meeting tomorrow, Thursday 17th at 1500 UTC:
1.) Open all regions for exporting data - Including continents such as Europe2.) Different level users - Ability to export various export extents

Cheers,Mhairi