[HOT] Alpha Release of the Redeveloped Export Tool

Mhairi O'Hara mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org
Wed Sep 16 11:07:09 UTC 2015

Hey everyone,

I agree with all of you, that a.) it would be sad to see some of the
original functionality go, b.) it is a cornerstone function that clutters
the tool and isn't used by most users, c.) that we could try to support
administrator added translation files and sql transform files.

However it is fairly late in the development of the new version, and we
want to ensure what we are going live with is fully functional and solid.
Brian already has a lot on his plate, with very little time to spare.

What we could potentially do is set up the system so that this can easily
be in corporated in the future. It would be great if we could discuss this,
along with some other functionality questions at the meeting tomorrow, Thursday
17th at 1500 UTC:

1.) Open all regions for exporting data - Including continents such as
Europe

2.) Different level users - Ability to export various export extents

Cheers,

Mhairi