[HOT] Chile Eathquake alerts

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Thu Sep 17 13:51:27 UTC 2015

I've made a wiki page for this:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2015_Illapel,_Chile_earthquake

including links to those task manager projects

Not a major activation. It's a small death toll, I guess because Chileans are well prepared for earthquakes. Also don't forget there is an active OpenStreetMap community in Chile. We should somehow try to avoid trampling all over the nice existing locally mapped data with task-square shaped bits of mess.

If there's more we could do to put the maps into the hands of responders (offering/documenting useful map outputs) that's worth focussing on.
Harry